This policy brief from the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) describes opportunities for states to advance health equity through implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), profiling planning and implementation activities in Arkansas, Connecticut, Hawaii, Minnesota, New Mexico, Ohio, and Virginia, which participated in a NASHP Health Equity Learning Collaborative supported with funding from the Aetna Foundation.
Among the types of activities profiled are:
- Health insurance exchange planning
- Race, ethnicity, and language data collection
- Cultural competency training and education
- Consumer assistance and outreach
- Health homes and medical homes