The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has an online toolkit on culturally effective care. The toolkit is grounded in the 2004 AAP policy statement on culturally effective care. The toolkit chapters address the following topics:
- Chapter 1: What Is Culturally Effective Pediatric Care?
- Chapter 2: Health Beliefs and Practices
- Chapter 3: Nutrition, Feeding, and Body Image Perspectives
- Chapter 4: Behavior and Child Development
- Chapter 5: Interpretive Services
- Chapter 6: Literacy and Health Literacy
- Chapter 7: Medical Education
- Chapter 8: Tips, Tools, and Resources for Implementation
- Chapter 9: Continuing Medical Education Opportunities
The toolkit also includes links to many relevant resources.