The Cooperative of American Physicians has published a guide for physicians to prepare for the shift toward value-based health care. The Cooperative of American Physicians is a physician-owned and governed company based in California that provides medical professional liability coverage, as well as services and representation that address legal, legislative, human resources, insurance, and risk management issues in physician practices.
The guide describes:
- The primary elements of value-based health care
- How the change will impact medical practice’s Medicare and Medi-Cal reimbursements
- How to incorporate value-based revenue streams into commercial payer relationships
- Potential upsides and downsides
- Recommendations for data collection, implementation, and improving patient care.
The guide presented in a format that is intended to communicate its content effectively with its physician readers. It is available for free downloading on the Cooperative of American Physicians website after a brief registration process.